Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ongoing Internet Headaches

Perhaps I should rename this blog Glitchy Rants about her Internet Issues. I thought I found a solution to my internet issues. AT&T has pretty much wiped their hands clean of providing any customer service to my connectivity issues thanks to me owning a "non-supported" modem. I hoped to switch to freestanding DSL with Earthlink, and though their website allowed me to state that I had no phone line, it offered me dial-up service which requires a home phone line to activate so I had to call them back to cancel because it was not what I thought I was signing up for.

My Earthlink cancellation for my records is 4/12/2011 #158381384

How strange the agent with customer service (in India of course) wanted to offer me 2 additional months free of a service I can't use in the first place. I told him there was no point in this since I can't use the service anyway, and he kept insisting on wanting to keep me as a "preferred customer" until such time that they offer the service I was seeking. I had to laugh to myself at the thought of this... seems like a ploy to lock me in past the 30-days in which I'm able to cancel without early contract termination fees although he suggested there would be no fees to cancel. Still, why would I keep a service, free or not, that I can't use. It just made no sense. Seriously, I wonder how some of these corporate companies stay in business with such nonsense customer service.

My search for a functional and decent customer service Internet Service Provider continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts.